Sunday 26 June 2011

Maybelline pure liquid mineral foundation review

I've chosen to do a product review on Maybelline pure liquid mineral foundation as I've been using it everyday  for over a month and I think I can give a fair review on this product. I'm not a make up expert and i don't know loads about foundation so this is just my personal thought on this product - as before i buy a product I like to make sure I'm happy with my choice. I have normal to combination skin and i use the colour NUDE. 

Initial interest in this product
I initially chose this product as I've previously used Maybelline's dream satin liquid which i liked. This product also states to be talc free, oil free, fragrance free, contain SPF 15 and contains micro minerals (which means this foundation does not contain harsh ingredients.) 

The bottle says 'Pure Liquid Mineral provides full, flawless, coverage that's breathable for a healthy-looking, luminous finish that blends with your skin tone. Non-comedogenic. Talc free, Oil free, Fragrance free.' So how true is this?

Product review
Firstly this product has a good texture - it's light, yet gives a good coverage without looking 'caked', it is build able which is suitable for many people. I would describe the application of this product easy. The light texture makes the foundation easy to apply to the skin and it blends very well. Personally i usually apply this foundation with a brush but some days i used my fingers - both work perfectly well. The product leaves my skin looking healthy and dewy which are things i look for in a foundation. The colour of this foundation (which i use in NUDE 021) could be better, its not orange but if it isn't blended in well enough it can give that effect a little. I wear this foundation everyday for school and it does last the full 6 hours. However i personally would advise to reapply this foundation at some point though out the day as on someday's on my t-zone where my face is most oiliest it can become a bit patchy around concealer, but the problem is easily resolved. 

Finally i would rate this product as 8 out of 10. I really like this product and probably would repurchase it. The only downsides to this foundation would be the colour and how this product lasts. All in all it's a great cheap drug store product (around £8-£9) and its good for teenagers of all skin types i would say. 

I hope this review was helpful, don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment